Department of Science & Technology | INSPIRE-Scholarship for Higher Education
What is the INSPIRE SHE 2021 Scholarship For Higher Education?
Department of Science & Technology (DST)of Govt of India has taken several creative initiatives for attracting meritorious students to study basic and natural sciences at the college and university level and to pursue research careers in both basic and applied science areas including engineering, medicine, agriculture, and veterinary sciences through various components under INSPIRE.
INSPIRE-Scholarship for Higher Education (INSPIRE-SHE) component,
scholarships are offered to pursue undergraduate (UG) studies and continue up to postgraduate (PG) studies, based on Class 12th standard examination results (top 1%) of respective Boards or within eligible rank in chosen few competitive examinations such as JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced), NEET (AIPMT), KVPY, and securing admission in science stream (in any of science courses or their combination out of the 18 identified subjects: List attached as Annexure-1) in any recognized College/University/Academic Institution in the country.
Applications are invited for the year 2021, from eligible candidates within the age group 17-22 years for INSPIRE Scholarship under the Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) component of INSPIRE scheme of DST through the web portal.
What is the Last Date of DST INSPIRE SHE Scholarship?
The Last Date of the DST INSPIRE SHE Scholarship Application Submission is 31st January 2022.
Eligibility Criteria For SHE 2021 Scholarship For Higher Education
(1) Meritorious Students with aggregate marks within top 1% of their Class XII examination of any State/ Central Board (same year i.e. 2021) in India are eligible to apply. In addition, the student must be pursuing courses in Natural and Basic Sciences at the B.Sc., B.S., and Int. M.Sc./M.S. level.
|Top 1% cut off|
in Class XII
Cut Off Marks
Based on Boards
(2) Those students who have secured ranks in the JEE of IIT, AIPMT, NEET (within top 10000 ranks), and are presently pursuing Natural and Basic Science courses in India at the B.Sc., B.S., Int. M.Sc./M.S. level.
(3) Students who have been selected under Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) and pursuing Bachelor/Master level courses in Natural and Basic Science courses.
(4)National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholars, Jagadish Bose National Science
Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholars and International Olympiad medalists pursuing Bachelor/
Master-level courses in Natural and Basic Science courses are also eligible.
PLEASE NOTE THAT STUDENTS WHO HAVE PASSED THE CLASS XII EXAMINATION
IN THE PREVIOUS YEARS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Scholarship Amount of SHE 2021 Scholarship For Higher Education
The scholarship amount under SHE component is ` 5,000/- p.m. (60,000/- per
annum) + Mentorship grant 20,000/- per annum.
How To Apply For DST INSPIRE SHE Scholarship?
- Interested and eligible students must apply and submit their DST INSPIRE SHE Scholarship application with all essential documents through ONLINE mode only.
- Applications are to be submitted online on INSPIRE web-portal https://www.online-inspire.gov.in.
- Those interested in submitting applications have to register at this portal and submit the application online.
- Please read the guidelines available on the portal carefully before submitting the application.
- This web portal will be open from 01 st December 2021 to 31st January 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST) for the submission of applications.
Before filling application form, please scan and store following documents as separate files.
These need to be uploaded as required during the “Online Application” process:
1. Passport size photograph (Mandatory) JPEG 50 KB
2. Class X Mark Sheet or Certificate, for proof of Date of Birth. (Mandatory)
PDF 1 MB
3. Class XII Mark Sheet (Mandatory) PDF 1 MB
4. Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of College/Director of
Institute/Registrar of University (Mandatory) PDF 1 MB
5. Eligibility Note/Advisory Note if provided by the State/Central Board
PDF 1 MB
6. Certificate specifying Rank or Award in IIT-JEE/AIPMT/NEET/ KVPY
/JBNSTS/ NTSE /International Olympic Medalists(if applicable) PDF 1 MB
7. Community/Caste Certificate (if applicable) PDF 1 MB
8. Any other supporting documents PDF 1 MB
Instructions For Filling Online Application
1. Applications must be submitted through online mode only. No application will be accepted in other than online mode.
2. To apply Online, please visit the website: https://www.online-inspire.gov.in and follow the process prescribed therein.
3. Online application submission process shall start on 01st December 2021 and will be available up to 31st January 2022 (till 23:59 hrs. IST). Please click the link below to download the guidelines for filling up Online applications: https://online-inspire.gov.in/ Announcement
4. Applicants are advised to take a printout of the submitted online application for their own records. Please do not send applications or any other documents by Post.
5. Incomplete or wrongly filled up application or application lacking essential documents shall be summarily rejected.
7. Applicant’s own valid and functional email address must be used for submission of online application. Status of application shall be informed only through INSPIRE Web Portal. Applicant needs to login into their own (registered) account to view the status.
8. Do not submit more than one application. Please ensure that all aspects of the application are correct before submitting it.
9. Endorsement Form template is also available on our INSPIRE-SHE announcement. Applicants can download the Endorsement Form from INSPIRE portal https://onlineinspire.gov.in/ Announcement
10. Any legal proceedings in respect to any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or application can be lodged only in Delhi Courts/ Tribunals/ Forums. Delhi Courts/Tribunal/Forums only shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause/dispute.
For further inquiries regarding the INSPIRE-SHE component, please send an email to: [email protected] For queries, please call us on 0124-6690020, 0124- 6690021