Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship has been operated in the state of West Bengal for the students who are not able to afford their fees. The scholarships are provided to the students who are studying in post-graduation, under graduation, and also all of the other students studying in Class 9th to Class 12th. These scholarships will help the students to get a good education and they will overcome the financial burden imposed on them by their education.
Eligibility Criteria Under Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
As you all know that the government of West Bengal has launched the Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme for students. Through this scheme financial assistance is provided to meritorious students who belong to economically backward families in the state. All those students who have scored over 60% of marks in the state board examination can avail the benefit of this scheme. Previously the eligibility criteria of the Swami Vivekananda scholarship scheme was 75%. Now the chief minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee has revised these eligibility criteria.
- Now students who have secured 60% marks are also eligible to apply under this scheme. On this occasion, Chief Minister also virtually felicitated at least 1700 Student Of secondary And higher secondary And Madarsa examination. Students have presented with laptops.
- Other than that students are also provided with books written by renowned authors of Bengal. The upper ceiling of family income under this scheme is fixed at Rs 250000 per annum.
Common Eligibility Criteria For Swami Vivekananda Schoarships
The following common eligibility criteria have been finalized by the concerned authorities of the Swami Vivekananda:-
- First, the applicant must be a resident of West Bengal State
- The annual household income of the applicant must not exceed rupees 250000.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria have been finalized by the concerned authorities for a different type of scholarship scheme:-
|Higher secondary level||The candidate should qualify in the Madhyamilk pariksha or the equivalent examination||75%|
|Diploma Students||Candidate should qualify in the Madhyamilk pariksha for 1st-year diploma courses or the student should pass diploma 2nd year||75%|
|Undergraduates||Applicant should qualify in the higher secondary level exam or equivalent exams to it||75% (Best out of five)|
|Postgraduates||Honor subjects at the graduation level, Honor subjects in the Engineering subjects at the graduation level||53%, 55%|
|Kanyashree Applicants(K-3 Component)||The candidate should have a valid receipt from Sanctioned k-2 ID Applicant should pursue PG in science, arts and commerce||45%|
|M.Phil/NET research Students||The students applied for M.Phil or Ph.D. program at a state-aided institute can apply||Not Applicable|
The following documents are important while applying for the Swami Vivekananda scholarship:-
- Address proof
- Ration card/voter card
- Higher secondary education reports
- The first page of Bank passbook
- Passport size photo
- Income certificate
- Domicile certificate
Procedure to Apply Online For Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
To apply for the Swami Vivekananda you have to follow the steps given below:-
- Visit the official website.
- On the homepage you are required to click on Registration
- Now you have to click on proceed for registration
- Registration form will appear before you
- Enter details.
- Now Enter the mobile number.
- Enter Email
- An applicant ID in the form of characters amounting to 15 digits is generated for the candidate after registration.
- Login with the generated Applicant ID and Password.
- Enter Captcha Code.
- Fill up the rest of the application forms.
- Upload the scanned copies of the Image and Signature in the following sizes-
- Image & Signature Format- JPG/JPEG
- Size of Image & Signature – 10KB-20KB
- Upload the documents.
- Click on Submit Application to complete the application process.
Scholarship Amount In Swami Vivekananda
The following Scholarship amount has been finalized by the concerned authorities for the different type of courses:-
|Category||Level of study||Scholarship Amount|
|Directorate of School Education (DSE)||Higher secondary||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of public instruction (DPI)||Undergraduates in Arts Undergraduates in commerce Undergraduates in science Undergraduates in other professional courses postgraduates in Arts postgraduates in commerce postgraduates in Science postgraduates in other professional courses NON-NET M.Phil/ Ph.D||Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1000 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 1500 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2000 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 2500 per month Rs. 5000 – Rs.8000 per month|
|Technical education at college or university level||Undergraduate or postgraduates in Engineering or other professional courses||Rs. 5000 per month|
|Directorate of Technical Education and Training||Undergraduate||Rs. 1500 per month|
|Directorate of medical education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses||Rs. 5000 or Rs. 1500 per month respectively|
Selection Process In Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
The selection procedure under the scholarship is mentioned below:-
- First, online applications are sorted.
- They are sorted initially in a descending order based on the marks secured and the income criteria of the student.
- The merit list will be generated accordingly.
- The merit list will be based on the availability of all documents submitted by the candidates
- Finally, the scholarship will be disbursed in their respective accounts.
- Email ID:- [email protected]
- Toll-Free Number:- +1800-102-8014